1) Basic information on data processing and legal bases
- This data protection declaration explains the type, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data within our online offer and the associated websites, functions and content (hereinafter collectively referred to as "online offer" or "website"). The data protection declaration applies regardless of the domains, systems, platforms and devices (e.g. desktop or mobile) used on which the online offer is carried out.
- The terms used, such as "personal data" or their "processing", we refer to the definitions in Art. 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The personal data of the users processed in the context of this online offer include inventory data (e.g., names and addresses of customers), contract data (e.g., services used, names of clerks, payment information), usage data (e.g., the websites of our online offer visited, interest on our products) and content data (e.g., entries in the contact form).
- The term “user” includes all categories of persons affected by data processing. They include our business partners, customers, interested parties and other visitors to our online offer. The terms used, such as "user", are to be understood as gender-neutral.
- We only process personal data of users in compliance with the relevant data protection regulations. This means that user data is only processed if there is legal permission. This means, in particular, if the data processing is necessary or required by law to provide our contractual services (e.g. processing of orders) and online services, the consent of the user exists, as well as due to our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in analysis, optimization and Economic operation and security of our online offer within the meaning of Art. 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f. GDPR, in particular when measuring reach, creating profiles for advertising and marketing purposes and collecting access data and using the services of third-party providers.
- We would like to point out that the legal basis for consent is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a. and Art. 7 GDPR, the legal basis for processing for the performance of our services and implementation of contractual measures Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b. GDPR, the legal basis for processing to fulfill our legal obligations Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c. GDPR, and the legal basis for processing to safeguard our legitimate interests Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR is.
2) security measures
- We take organizational, contractual and technical security measures according to the state of the art to ensure that the provisions of data protection laws are complied with and to protect the data processed by us against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorized persons.
- The security measures include, in particular, the encrypted transmission of data between your browser and our server.
3) Transfer of data to third parties and third party providers
- A transfer of data to third parties takes place only within the framework of the legal requirements. We only pass on user data to third parties if this is, for example, based on Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) GDPR is required for contractual purposes or based on legitimate interests in accordance with. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR on the economic and effective operation of our business operations.
- If we use subcontractors to provide our services, we take suitable legal precautions as well as appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of personal data in accordance with the relevant statutory provisions.
- If, within the scope of this data protection declaration, content, tools or other means are used by other providers (hereinafter jointly referred to as "third-party providers") and their registered office is in a third country, it is to be assumed that data will be transferred to the third-party providers' registered offices. Third countries are countries in which the GDPR is not a directly applicable law, i.e. basically countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area. The transfer of data to third countries takes place either if there is an adequate level of data protection, the consent of the user or other legal permission.
4) Provision of contractual services
- We process inventory data (e.g. names and addresses as well as contact details of users), contract data (e.g. services used, names of contact persons, payment information) for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations and services in accordance with. Art. 6 para. 1 lit b. GDPR.
- Users can optionally create a customer account in which they can see their orders in particular. As part of the registration, the required mandatory information is communicated to the users. The user accounts are not public and cannot be indexed by search engines. If users have terminated their user account, their data will be deleted with regard to the user account, subject to their retention is for commercial or tax reasons in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. c GDPR necessary. It is up to the users to save their data before the end of the contract if they have canceled. We are entitled to irretrievably delete all user data stored during the contract period.
- As part of the registration and renewed logins as well as the use of our online services, the IP address and the time of the respective user action are saved. The storage takes place on the basis of our legitimate interests, as well as the users in protection against misuse and other unauthorized use. This data is generally not passed on to third parties, unless it is necessary to pursue our claims or there is a legal obligation to do so in accordance with. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR.
- We process usage data (e.g., the websites of our online offer visited, interest in our products) and content data (e.g., entries in the contact form or user profile) for advertising purposes in a user profile in order to display the user, for example, product information based on their previously used services.
5) Contact (email or contact form)
- When contacting us (via contact form or e-mail), the information provided by the user for processing the contact request and processing it in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR processed.
- User information can be saved in our customer relationship management system ("CRM system") or a comparable request organization.
6) Comments and contributions
- If users leave comments or other contributions, their IP addresses are processed on the basis of our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f. GDPR saved for 7 days.
- This is done for our safety if someone leaves illegal content in comments and posts (insults, prohibited political propaganda, etc.). In this case we can be prosecuted for the comment or contribution ourselves and are therefore interested in the identity of the author.
7) Collection of access data and log files
- On the basis of our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f. GDPR data on every access to the server on which this service is located (so-called server log files). The access data includes the name of the accessed website, file, date and time of access, amount of data transferred, notification of successful access, browser type and version, the user's operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider .
- For security reasons (e.g. to investigate acts of abuse or fraud), log file information is stored for a maximum of seven days and then deleted. Data, the further storage of which is necessary for evidence purposes, are excluded from deletion until the respective incident has been finally clarified.
8) Cookies & range measurement
- Cookies are information that is transmitted from our web server or third-party web servers to the user's web browser and stored there for later retrieval. Cookies can be small files or other types of information storage.
- We use "session cookies" which are only stored for the duration of the current visit to our online presence (e.g. to enable the storage of your login status or the shopping cart function and thus the use of our online offer at all). A randomly generated unique identification number, a so-called session ID, is stored in a session cookie. A cookie also contains information about its origin and the storage period. These cookies cannot save any other data. Session cookies are deleted when you have finished using our online offer and, for example, log out or close your browser.
- If users do not want cookies stored on their computer, they will be asked to disable the option in their browser's system settings. Saved cookies can be deleted in the system settings of the browser. The exclusion of cookies can lead to functional restrictions of this online offer.
9) Google Analytics:
- For the purpose of the needs-based design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”), on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f) GDPR. Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of the use of the website.
- On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google Analytics deletes the last part of the IP addresses of our website visitors. Thus we do not come into possession of data that allow us to draw conclusions about your person. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. In addition, you can prevent the data generated by the cookie (including your IP address) from being sent to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: tools.google.com / dlpage / gaoptout? hl = de
- We also use the IP masking function (“anonymizeIP”) from the point of view of data minimization.
- You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the following link. Click here to deactivate Google Analytics.
10) Google Re / Marketing Services
- On the basis of our legitimate interests (ie interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our online offer within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f. GDPR), we use the marketing and remarketing services ("Google Marketing Services" for short ”) From Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, (“ Google ”).
- Google Marketing Services allows us to better target advertisements for and on our website so that we only present ads to users that potentially match their interests. For example, if a user sees advertisements for products he's been interested in on other websites, this is called "remarketing". For these purposes, when Google and our other websites accessing Google Marketing Services are directly accessed by Google, a code will be executed by Google and so-called (re) marketing tags (invisible graphics or code, also called "Web Beacons ") incorporated into the website. With their help, the user can store an individual cookie, ie a small file (instead of cookies, comparable technologies can also be used). The cookies can be set by different domains, including google.com, doubleclick.net, invitemedia.com, admeld.com, googlesyndication.com or googleadservices.com. In this file is noted which web pages the user visited, for what content he is interested and what offers he has clicked, as well as technical information about the browser and operating system, referring web pages, visit time and other information on the use of the online offer. The IP address of the users is also recorded, whereby in the context of Google Analytics we announce that the IP address is shortened within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and only in exceptional cases to one Google server in the US is transmitted and shortened there. The IP address will not be merged with data of the user within other offers from Google. The above information may also be linked by Google with such information from other sources. If the user then visits other websites, they can be displayed according to his interests, the ads tailored to him.
- The data of the users are pseudonym processed in the context of the Google marketing services. For example, Google does not store and process users' names or e-mail addresses, but processes the relevant data in a cookie-related manner within pseudonymous user profiles. That is, from the perspective of Google, the ads are not managed and displayed to a specifically identified person, but to the cookie owner, regardless of who that cookie owner is. This does not apply if a user has explicitly allowed Google to process the data without this pseudonymization. The information collected about users through Google Marketing Services is transmitted to Google and stored on Google's servers in the United States.
- Among the Google marketing services we use is the online advertising program "Google AdWords". In the case of Google AdWords, each advertiser receives a different "conversion cookie". Cookies can not be tracked through AdWords advertisers' websites. The information collected through the cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords advertisers who have opted for conversion tracking. AdWords advertisers are told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a conversion tracking tag page. However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users.
- We can also use the “Google Optimizer” service. Google Optimizer allows us to understand the effects of various changes to a website (e.g. changes to the input fields, the design, etc.) within the framework of so-called "A / B testing". For these test purposes, cookies are stored on the users' devices. Only pseudonymous user data is processed.
- In addition, we may use the "Google Tag Manager" to integrate and manage the Google Analytics and Marketing Services on our website.
- If you would like to object to interest-based advertising by Google Marketing Services, you can use the settings and opt-out options provided by Google: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences.
11) Facebook social plugins
- Based on our legitimate interests (ie interest in the analysis, optimization and economical operation of our online offer within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. DSGVO) we use social plugins ("plugins") of the social network facebook.com, which operated by Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook"). The plugins can represent interaction elements or content (eg videos, graphics or text contributions) and can be recognized by one of the Facebook logos (white "f" on blue tile, the terms "Like", "Like" or a "thumbs up" sign ) or are marked with the addition "Facebook Social Plugin". The list and appearance of Facebook social plugins can be viewed here: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
- When a user invokes a feature of this online offering that includes such a plugin, their device establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to the device of the user and incorporated by him into the online offer. In the process, user profiles can be created from the processed data. We therefore have no influence on the amount of data that Facebook collects with the help of this plugin and therefore informs users according to our level of knowledge.
- By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that a user has accessed the corresponding page of the online offer. If the user is logged in to Facebook, Facebook can assign the visit to his Facebook account. If users interact with the plugins, for example, press the Like button or leave a comment, the information is transmitted from your device directly to Facebook and stored there. If a user is not a member of Facebook, there is still the possibility that Facebook will find out and save their IP address. According to Facebook, only an anonymous IP address is stored in Germany.
- If a user is a Facebook member and does not want Facebook to collect data about him through this online offer and associate it with his member data stored on Facebook, he must log out of Facebook and delete his cookies before using our online offer. Other settings and inconsistencies regarding the use of data for promotional purposes are possible within the Facebook profile settings: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads or via the US side http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or the EU side http://www.youronlinechoices.com/, The settings are platform-independent, ie they are adopted for all devices, such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
12) Facebook, Custom Audiences and Facebook Marketing Services
- Within our online offer is due to our legitimate interests in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our online offer and for these purposes, the so-called "Facebook pixel" of the social network Facebook, by the Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025 USA, or, if you are located in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland ("Facebook").
- With the help of the Facebook pixel, it is on the one hand possible for Facebook to determine the visitors to our online offer as a target group for the display of advertisements (so-called "Facebook ads"). Accordingly, we use the Facebook Pixel to display the Facebook Ads we have been sent only to those Facebook users who have shown an interest in our online offer or who have certain features (eg interests in certain topics or products visited by them) Web pages determined), which we transmit to Facebook (so-called "Custom Audiences"). With the help of the Facebook pixel, we also want to make sure that our Facebook ads are in line with the potential interest of users and are not annoying. With the help of the Facebook pixel we can also understand the effectiveness of the Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes, in which we see whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad (so-called "conversion").
- The Facebook pixel is directly integrated by Facebook when you visit our website and can save a so-called cookie, ie a small file, on your device. If you then log in to Facebook or visit Facebook while logged in, the visit to our online offer will be noted in your profile. The data collected about you is anonymous to us, so it does not allow us to draw any conclusions about the identity of the user. However, the data is stored and processed by Facebook so that a connection to the respective user profile is possible and can be used by Facebook as well as for its own market research and advertising purposes. If we should transmit data to Facebook for comparison purposes, it will be encrypted locally in the browser and only then sent to Facebook via a secure https connection. This is done solely for the purpose of making a comparison with the data that is also encrypted by Facebook.
- Furthermore, when using the Facebook pixel we use the additional function "extended comparison" (data such as telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or Facebook IDs of the users) for the formation of target audiences ("Custom Audiences" or "Look Alike Audiences") Facebook (encrypted) transmitted. Further notes on "advanced synchronization": https://www.facebook.com/business/help/611774685654668).
- Also on the basis of our legitimate interests, we use the “Custom Audiences from File” procedure of the social network Facebook, Inc. In this case, the email addresses of the newsletter recipients are uploaded to Facebook. The upload process is encrypted. The upload is used solely to determine the recipients of our Facebook ads. We want to ensure that the ads are only shown to users who are interested in our information and services.
- The processing of the data by Facebook is part of Facebook's data usage policy. Accordingly, general notes on the presentation of Facebook Ads, in the data usage policy of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php, Special information and details about the Facebook pixel and how it works can be found in the Help section of Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616.
- You may object to the capture by the Facebook Pixel and use of your data to display Facebook Ads. To set which types of ads you see within Facebook, you can go to the page set up by Facebook and follow the instructions on the usage-based advertising settings: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads, The settings are platform-independent, ie they are adopted for all devices, such as desktop computers or mobile devices.
- With the following information, we will inform you about the contents of our newsletter as well as the registration, shipping and statistical evaluation procedures as well as your right of objection. By subscribing to our newsletter, you agree to the receipt and the procedures described.
- Content of the newsletter: We send newsletters, e-mails and other electronic notifications with advertising information (hereinafter “newsletter”) only with the consent of the recipient or with legal permission. If the content of the newsletter is specifically described when registering for the newsletter, it is decisive for the consent of the user. In addition, our newsletters contain information about our products, offers, promotions and our company.
- Double opt-in and logging: Registration for our newsletter is done in a so-called double-opt-in procedure. This means you will receive an e-mail after logging in to ask for confirmation of your registration. This confirmation is necessary so that nobody can register with external e-mail addresses. The registration for the newsletter will be logged in order to prove the registration process according to the legal requirements. This includes the storage of the login and the confirmation time, as well as the IP address. Likewise, changes to your data stored with the shipping service provider will be logged.
- Dispatch service provider: The newsletter is dispatched via "MailChimp", a newsletter dispatch platform of the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE # 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. You can view the data protection provisions of the shipping service provider here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- Furthermore, according to its own information, the shipping service provider can use this data in pseudonymous form, i.e. without assignment to a user, to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. for the technical optimization of the shipping and the presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes in order to determine from which countries the recipients come from. However, the shipping service provider does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write them down or to pass them on to third parties.
- Credentials: To subscribe to the newsletter, it is sufficient to provide your e-mail address. Optionally, we ask you to give a name in the newsletter for personal address.
- Statistical survey and analysis - The newsletters contain a so-called "web beacon", ie a pixel-sized file that is retrieved from the mailing service provider's server when the newsletter is opened. As part of this retrieval, technical information, such as information about the browser and your system, as well as your IP address and the time of retrieval, are initially collected. This information is used for the technical improvement of the services based on the technical data or the target groups and their reading behavior based on their retrieval locations (which can be determined using the IP address) or the access times. The statistical surveys also include determining whether the newsletters are opened, when they are opened and which links are clicked. For technical reasons, this information can be assigned to the individual newsletter recipients. However, it is neither our aim nor that of the shipping service provider to observe individual users. The evaluations serve us much more to recognize the reading habits of our users and to adapt our content to them or to send different content according to the interests of our users.
- The use of the shipping service provider, implementation of statistical surveys and analyzes as well as logging of the registration process are based on our legitimate interests in accordance with. Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. We are interested in the use of a user-friendly and secure newsletter system that serves both our business interests and the expectations of users.
- Cancellation / Revocation - The receipt of our newsletter can be canceled at any time, ie the consent can be revoked. At the same time, the consents to its dispatch by the dispatch service provider and the statistical analyzes expire. A separate revocation of the dispatch by the dispatch service provider or the statistical evaluation is unfortunately not possible. A link to cancel the newsletter can be found at the end of each newsletter. If the users have only registered for the newsletter and canceled this registration, their personal data will be deleted.
14) Integration of services and content from third parties
- We use content or service offers from third-party providers within our online offer on the basis of our legitimate interests (ie interest in the analysis, optimization and economic operation of our online offer within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. Integrate services such as videos or fonts (hereinafter uniformly referred to as "content"). This always presupposes that the third-party providers of this content perceive the IP address of the users, since they would not be able to send the content to their browser without the IP address. The IP address is therefore required to display this content. We strive to only use content whose respective providers only use the IP address to deliver the content. Third-party providers can also use so-called pixel tags (invisible graphics, also known as "web beacons") for statistical or marketing purposes. The "pixel tags" can be used to evaluate information such as visitor traffic on the pages of this website. The pseudonymous information can also be stored in cookies on the user's device and contain, among other things, technical information about the browser and operating system, referring websites, visiting time and other information about the use of our online offer, and can also be linked to such information from other sources.
- The following illustration provides an overview of third-party providers and their content, as well as links to their data protection declarations, which contain further information on the processing of data and, in some cases already mentioned here, opt-out options:
- Our e-commerce platform uses the service of Shopify Inc. A shop solution that enables us to offer the products on the Internet. Shopify's servers are based in the EU or Canada, which are legitimized by an adequacy decision of the EU.
- We only transfer personal data to countries that the European Commission believes offer an adequate level of protection for personal data. Further details can be obtained from the European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries (adequate protection for personal data in countries outside the EU).
- When we use service providers, we may rely on specific contracts approved by the European Commission that give personal data the same protection status as in Europe. Further details can be found at the European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries (model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries). Further details can be obtained from the European Commission.
- External fonts from Google, Inc., https://www.google.com/fonts ("Google Fonts"). The integration of the Google Fonts takes place via a server call to Google (usually in the USA). Data protection declaration: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/.
- Videos from the “YouTube” platform of the third-party provider Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Data protection declaration: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/.
- Functions of the Google+ service are integrated into our online offer. These functions are offered by the third party provider Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. If you are logged into your Google+ account, you can link the contents of our pages to your Google+ profile by clicking the Google+ button. This enables Google to assign your visit to our website to your user account. We would like to point out that, as the provider of the pages, we have no knowledge of the content of the data transmitted or their use by Google+. Data protection declaration: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/, Opt-Out: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/.
- Functions of the Instagram service are integrated into our online offer. These functions are offered by Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA, 94025, USA. If you are logged into your Instagram account, you can link the contents of our pages to your Instagram profile by clicking the Instagram button. This enables Instagram to assign your visit to our website to your user account. We would like to point out that, as the provider of the pages, we have no knowledge of the content of the data transmitted or its use by Instagram. Data protection declaration: http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/.
- We use social plugins from the social network Pinterest, which is operated by Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA (“Pinterest”). When you call up a page that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Pinterest servers. The plugin transmits log data to the Pinterest server in the USA. This log data may contain your IP address, the address of the websites visited, which also contain Pinterest functions, the type and settings of the browser, the date and time of the request, your use of Pinterest and cookies. Data protection declaration: https://about.pinterest.com/de/privacy-policy.
15) User rights
- Users have the right, upon request, to obtain free information about the personal data that we have stored about them.
- In addition, users have the right to correct incorrect data, restrict the processing and deletion of their personal data, if applicable, to assert their rights to data portability and, in the event of unlawful data processing being assumed, to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
- Users can also revoke their consent, generally with effect for the future.
16) deletion of data
- The data stored by us will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory retention requirements. If the user data is not deleted because it is required for other and legally permissible purposes, its processing will be restricted. This means that the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to user data that must be kept for commercial or tax law reasons.
- According to legal requirements, the storage takes place for 6 years according to § 257 Abs. 1 HGB (trading books, inventories, opening balance sheets, annual financial statements, commercial letters, accounting documents, etc.) and for 10 years according to § 147 Abs. 1 AO (books, records, management reports, Accounting documents, commercial and business letters, documents relevant for taxation, etc.).
17) right of objection
- Users can object to the future processing of their personal data in accordance with the legal requirements at any time. The objection can in particular be made against processing for direct marketing purposes.